2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge Reflection (Part 1)

April is over, that means it's time to reflect on the A to Z Challenge...

It was my first year of participating and i survived!Though it got harder, the closer it came to an end. The letters X and Y were the most difficult posts.

I did not write my posts in advance. I had a list of words for the first days, when i began on April the 1st, but nothing more. Sometimes it was easy to get the words out, sometimes it was like pulling on a particular resisting root.

Most of the posts were rather short, not more than 300 words. The longest post was for U and the Umbrella.

What i learned during this month:
- Sometimes it's hard to get your thoughts on paper in a foreign language
- it is better (for me) to have a theme and a full list for the whole month with at least the words/things i want to write about
- i can write everyday when my mind is set on it
- it was fun to vist other blogs and read their posts, but i did not get to read half as much as i wanted to

Will i be back for another try next year? Yes, i think i will be there. What about you? What did you learn this month? What was your favourite post you wrote yourself or read on another blog?

Kommentar schreiben

Kommentare: 7
  • #1

Linda (Mittwoch, 06 Mai 2015 12:04)

Hi Maries congratulations on completing the A - Z Challenge. I too did not visit as many blogs as I would have liked but with over 1, 500 it was a daunting task. Great reflections. Because I didn't get to so many blogs I'm joining the road show to be able to potter through them during the year. (Linda)

• #2

Djinnia (Mittwoch, 06 Mai 2015 14:37)

I definitely didn't visit all the blogs I wanted to either. I'm definitely back for next year. Theme is set and letters are all ready filled. I think I'm really excited about the theme.

I think my favorite post I wrote was the Victorian one. And I can't even think of my favorite blog post from another person. There were so many that I loved.

See ya next year!

• #3

Julia (Mittwoch, 06 Mai 2015 23:17)

I think it will help if I start working on posts a year in advance. This way I can just visit blogs next year.

• #4

marie (Donnerstag, 07 Mai 2015 21:58)

Maybe i should start preparing next years post early in advance too, so more time is left for visiting the other blogs...

@Linda: The road show sounds sounds like something for me! :) do you have to sign up for this as well?

• #5

Mary Burris (Sonntag, 17 Mai 2015 19:57)

Just now getting around to visiting the blogs in the challenge. April was a busy month for me. Congrats on completing the A to Z Challenge! Looking forward to next year! See you on the Road Trip!

Mary

• #6

Entrepreneurial Goddess (Donnerstag, 04 Juni 2015 00:23)

Hello there.
    Congratulations on completing your first challenge! This is my second year taking part. The one thing I learned from my first year was advance preparation is key in order for me to last the whole month. Just popping over today from the Road Trip.

• #7

Marie (Montag, 15 Juni 2015 09:41)

Thank you all for the comments! i had kind of a writer's block and just now i'm slowly back in the "put words on paper"- mode... :)